Friday 30 March 2012

evaluation final question 7

script: Looking back at your preliminary task what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product? I feel I have learnt many things from my preliminary task and believe that I have been able to improve my work by realising mistakes and weaknesses and working on them. For example my colour scheme of black white and red on my preliminary work wasn't very effective and didn't stand out . I improved my front page after realising the layout wasn't as good as it could be, after researching other hip hop magazines I decided to make the headings of this weeks magazine go down both sides, this gives it a nice hip hop finish as it is used by many other music magazines for example vibe adding to the conventions of real media products. From my preliminary contents page I realised that I needed another picture as the one I had in my preliminary made it look very empty, by taking another picture with 4 artists instead of 2 I was able to solve my problem. I stuck with the headings and fonts as I liked the way they were presented and they were simple to read and use. The layout and background on my preliminary double page made it hard to read, I managed to progress my work by putting my interview with Benz into collumns instantley making the layout better. I also added grey blocks that were slightly transparent behind the font but in front of the background this made it very easy to read solving my issues I had with the font colour and background without having to change either of them,  I have massively developed my skills in program-some being Photoshop, Blogger, Scribd and Prezzi. When I first started to work on my preliminary task my knowledge and experience of Photoshop and other programs were at a very low standard and I was very limited with the effects I could use. I struggled to cut out photographs and didnt know how to add effects to my work. I am now much quicker at using these programs and can now use Photoshop to my advantage using special effects, shortcuts and can now go in to much more depth when creating my media product. I learnt these skills while I was working on my preliminary and allowed me to produce a high standard final media product. My research has also allowed me to improve my knowledge of hip hop magazines, I have learnt this while analysising layouts and other techniques used by these magazines. Because of my research on these other magazines my skills have also been improved, using layouts as an example I have managed to research different forms of layouts choose one best suited to my magazine for example the rule of thirds and use it on my final piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment