Saturday 14 January 2012

preliminary evaluation

Preliminary evaluation

The magazines I looked at for inspiration for my magazine include NME, Kerrang, rolling stones, complex, billboard plus many more such as the schools current magazine. They all had different structures, some being simple and others being complex, this helped me choose if I was to use simple or complex layouts These helped me choose the way I set out my magazine cover, by giving me ideas of where to place photos and ideas of fonts and texts.
I have learnt how to use photo-shop in many ways such as learning shortcuts and better effects and methods to use. I also learnt about the effect of thirds and different ways to have centre of attention on the covers.
I am impressed with the design and the way I used my pictures and think that the title and photos go good together giving it a professional look overall I am happy with the photo taken as the pose he is making looks good and really professional even though I was a little unhappy with the quality of the picture. I am happy at the fonts I used and the background, I think it gives it a good overall first impression of the magazine.
I would improve my time management as I spent to much time on the front cover and didn’t leave enough time on the contents and other work that needed completing. Also I would improve the quality of the photos taken, as the overall quality of the pictures, they wasn’t very good when they were enlarged. I would experiment with the features Photoshop and not use my time more wisely if I was to do this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment